[Openstack] EC2-API Available Floating IPs

Alexandre Levine alexandrelevine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 17:11:23 UTC 2017

I can't check it right now but I think you just call describe_address,
get whole list of addresses and check which ones do not have
association_id field - those will be available ones. Basically if a
Floating IP is attached to a network interface it's getting an
association ID. So you'll see it in your response for taken IPs.
Also you might just assign IPs automatically, where you want them
assigned. Why would you want to see which ones are spare?

Best regards,
    Alex Levine