[Openstack] [TC] Vision?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Apr 13 20:56:53 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Adam Lawson's message of 2017-04-13 12:00:44 -0700:
> I don't mean to be inflammatory. First off.
>
> That said, I was emailed a link to review the drafted TC vision. When going
> through it I did not see a vision but rather a 'yay for our to-date
> accomplishments' statement. What are the actual plans for the future as
> envisioned by the TC?
>
> //adam
>
> *Adam Lawson*
>
> Principal Architect
> Office: +1-916-794-5706

As the commit message for that review says, it's meant to "imagine what
the TC and the OpenStack community look like 2 years out". The first
paragraph tries to set the context that the document itself is written
from the perspective of someone in 2019 looking back.

That approach was the one we covered in the leadership training and
that the facilitators guided us through when we sat down together
a few weeks ago in Boston to work on the first draft of what you
see up for review.  It is meant to set a positive tone by assuming
that the things we want to do will have been done by the target
date. The actual planning work to achieve those goals will need to
be done between now and then, after we approve the vision itself.

Does that help frame the review more clearly?

Doug