[Openstack] VMs lost IP after running for few days on OpenStack Liberty.

Dan Dong dongdan39 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 12:47:30 UTC 2017

Hi, Experts,
  Recently I found VMs on my OpenStack Liberty will get lost their private
IP address after running normally for 1~2 days("#ip addr" will show no IP
associated with eth0 for example), thus could not be ssh login anymore. But
after console login to the instances from Horizon and restart the network(#
service network restart), everything returns normal and they could be ssh
login again( eth0 now gets it IP). From nova-compute.log I see there are
messages like "NeutronClientException: *Authentication required*". But the
keystone service runs normally and no other service are affected.
  Any hint about the problem? Thanks a lot!

 Cheers, Dan