[Openstack] Static IP for VM

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Fri Apr 7 08:15:52 UTC 2017

 Can this fixed-ip option be used when an instance is already available
 or is it only for when spawning a new VM?

 What I would like to achieve here is the following: Let's assume that
 we create a new VM on the self-service network. That VM gets an IP which
 follows the VM for its entire existence, unless the interface is
 detached. When the interface is re-attached it gets a new IP.
 Can I avoid this option and give to the VM back its original IP
 address?

 Best regards,

 G.

> you can use fixed-ip option for specific vm
>
> Regards,
>
>> 2017. 4. 2. 오전 12:11, Georgios Dimitrakakis <giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr>
>> 작성:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I understand that OpenStack allocates selfservice IP addresses to
>> VMs from a DHCP server.
>> Is there a way to instruct this DHCP server to always allocate the
>> same internal (selfservice network) IP address
>> to a specific VM based on its MAC address for example?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> G.

 Dr. Dimitrakakis Georgios

 Networks and Systems Administrator

 Archimedes Center for Modeling, Analysis & Computation (ACMAC)
 School of Sciences and Engineering
 University of Crete
 P.O. Box 2208
 710 - 03 Heraklion