[Openstack] Mirantis Fuel 9.2 - nailgund not available when attempting to save changes to cloud environment

siloxx at gmail.com siloxx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:29:27 UTC 2017

When I attempt to save any changes to a cloud environment I've created,
such as within 'Setting' changing 'Hypervisor type' in the 'Compute'
setting menu from 'QEMU' to 'KVM', the save button circles for about
7-8secs and then a pop-up dialog box comes up that says:

OpenStack Settings Configuration Error

Nailgun server is unavailable.  Please check your connection and contact
your system administrator.

This happens while trying to use any version of Fuel greater than 9.0 on
a HP DL180 gen6 server (I also tried version 11 with the same results).
I can use any version of Fuel without problems using identical settings
on a Dell r610 server.

I checked all of the logs in /var/log/nailgun and none of them indicate
any errors that I can see.  There are also plenty of nailgun related
processes running on the Fuel server.