[Openstack] Request for documentation about Ocata on Ubuntu with Networking OVN

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 19:14:32 UTC 2017

Hello!

 Currently, I'm trying to deploy Ocata with Networking OVN, so far, no
success.

 I can easily deploy Ocata in a multi-node environment (1 Controller, 1
Network and 2 Computes), using regular "neutron-openvswitch-agent" and its
"ovs-firewall-driver".

 However, when I try the following instructions:

 https://docs.openstack.org/developer/networking-ovn/install.html

 It just doesn't work.

 From what I'm seeing, on Ubuntu, the package names are different, like
"ovn-central" for the controllers and "ovn-host" for the compute nodes.

 All steps on the above guide, works, no errors on logs. But, when I try to
launch an Instance, it fails, with errors on neutron-server.log:

 http://paste.openstack.org/show/605438/

 Looks like that Ubuntu have all the required packages but, just the
documentation that is not available.

 I really want to move to OVN, can't deal with Network Node and its
namespaces anymore. Also, we need DPDK, and OVN have a better support for
tunneled networks on top of DPDK.

 In my deployment, first, I deployed it with neutron-openvswitch-agents,
later, I deleted all instances, all stacks and all networks, changed it to
OVN, and tried again but, it failed.

 I really appreciate any help in this direction...

Thanks!
Thiago