[Openstack] Static IP for VM

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Sat Apr 1 15:48:13 UTC 2017

Hi,

Le 2017-04-01 17:11, Georgios Dimitrakakis a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I understand that OpenStack allocates selfservice IP addresses to VMs
> from a DHCP server.
> Is there a way to instruct this DHCP server to always allocate the
> same internal (selfservice network) IP address
> to a specific VM based on its MAC address for example?

This is the default behavior. When neutron creates a port it associates
the port's mac address with an IP address, and will not change this
association.

Regards,
Gauvain Pocentek

Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
http://www.objectif-libre.com
phone: +33 972 54 98 01 / +33 611 60 84 25