[Openstack] [Devstack] How to configure SPICE local.conf

Jens Rosenboom j.rosenboom at x-ion.de
Wed Sep 21 13:54:27 UTC 2016

> Hi all,
> I'm installing Openstack Mitaka via Devstack.
> Since there is a bug in horizon (reported here
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1622684 )

Well, the bug is in noVNC really, you can work around it by checking
out the SHA mentioned in the bug report in /opt/stack/noVNC and
restarting the n-novnc screen.

> I'm trying to configure my
> setup to work with Spice instead of vnc. I didn't found any guide to write
> properly the local.conf to use spice, so I supposed that, in the controller
> node I have to disable n-novnc and enable n-spice
>
> enable_service n-spice
> disable_service n-novnc

This part works fine for me in an all-in-one deployment.

> and in the compute nodes
>
> NOVA_VNC_ENABLED=False
> NOVA_SPICE_ENABLED=True
> SPICEAGENT_ENABLED=True
> enable_service n-spice
> disable_service n-novnc
>
> I tried in this way but it does not work (for sure there something wrong).
> Any suggestion?

What exactly does "it does not work" mean?
Do you get an URL from "nova get-spice-console _instance_name_ spice-html5"?
Can you connect to that URL? Maybe you need to use another IP or allow
the port in the security group?