[Openstack] [openstack][neutron][VMware] Do we have an option to select the port group from vcenter server?

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Tue Sep 20 05:59:06 UTC 2016

That code is currently not in MItaka. It was only added in Newton.
Thanks
Gary

From: Vaidyanath Manogaran <vaidyanath.m at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 8:57 AM
To: Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com>
Cc: "community at lists.openstack.org" <community at lists.openstack.org>, "openstack at lists.openstack.org" <openstack at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [Openstack] [openstack][neutron][VMware] Do we have an option to select the port group from vcenter server?

I am using Mitaka.

Are you using the latest master upstream?

From: Vaidyanath Manogaran <vaidyanath.m at gmail.com<mailto:vaidyanath.m at gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 7:23 AM
To: Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com<mailto:gkotton at vmware.com>>
Cc: "community at lists.openstack.org<mailto:community at lists.openstack.org>" <community at lists.openstack.org<mailto:community at lists.openstack.org>>, "openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>>

I am unable to find the network type portgroup.

root at controller:~# neutron net-create netvlan-14 --provider:network_type portgroup --provider:physical_network 'dvPG-PT1(192.168.14.x)'
Invalid input for operation: provider:network_type portgroup not supported.
Neutron server returns request_ids: ['req-cb51e469-32f5-4b47-8613-a57b896ec13a']

Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Vaidyanath