[Openstack] Creating a VM with glance image-create versus openstack image create

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 16:20:27 UTC 2016

What Remo said.

``openstack`` command comes from installing python-openstackclient
(sometimes referred to as "osc") and ``glance`` command comes from
python-glanceclient.

Both the clients are wrappers for users to be able to talk to the
glance-api service. However, due to some features in development we're
waiting to add full support to python-openstackclient. One can use both
but python-glanceclient will be deprecated once python-openstackclient
gets full feature support.

On 9/4/16 1:19 AM, Remo Mattei wrote:
> Openstack is the unified command same results. Glance may become
> deprecated as keystone is now.
>
> Remo
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 03 set 2016, alle ore 17:04, Kevin Wilson <wkevils at gmail.com
> <mailto:wkevils at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I saw that one can create a VM with "openstack image create" but also
>> with
>> "glance image-create",
>> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-glanceclient/man/glance.html
>>
>> I saw that some of the parameters are common.
>>
>> My question is: is there any difference between these two command
>> line utils ?
>> Are the generated VMs equivalent in term of functionalities and
>> behaviors ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kevin

>> !DSPAM:1,57cb685b11254275296560!