[Openstack] Barcelona Food recommendations

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 20:45:54 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com> wrote:
> My number one recommendation would be the Boqueria  The famous marketplace
> in the center of Las Ramblas.
>
> Enter through the main gates and take are hard left.  At the end of the
> market is a small restaurant with bar tables and some counter seats,
> called Universal.   My favorite place.  The razor clams, octopus.
> Mushrooms. All very simple, but so delicious.  Wash it down with a $4
> glass of Rose' and call it a day.

We didn't try Universal, but the market is FULL of fish and meat and
cheese and bars and little restaurants like this, if you can't find
something good there you must not like to eat.

> As far as Tapas, The Gotica area has the best places.  Don't go till
> after 9pm, walk the streets and pop in and out of places all night long.

Or keep going northeast across Via Laeitana toward Santa Maria del Mar
in el Born.  The random tourist ratio goes down, and the places called
Bernie's Diner ratio goes up.

> There are several other places in the Boqueria that are great and to be
> honest, one of the best meals is some simple Ibirico Ham, Hunk of Bread
> and some vino.

I think most places call this pizza? :)  At least Caputxes in el Born did  ...

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com