[Openstack] Barcelona Food recommendations

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Oct 20 16:24:38 UTC 2016

If you’re going to the Summit next week, and have never been to Barcelona before (like me), every little bit of guidance helps. Barcelona is famous for its food, so the choices might be overwhelming. Recently Jason Dady, a popular chef here in San Antonio, opened a tapas place, and when my wife and I ate there, we had a chance to speak with him. We asked for his Barcelona recommendations, and he followed up with an email reply that I thought I’d share:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm so beyond jealous!!  My favorite city in the world!

My number one recommendation would be the Boqueria  The famous marketplace
in the center of Las Ramblas.

Enter through the main gates and take are hard left.  At the end of the
market is a small restaurant with bar tables and some counter seats,
called Universal.   My favorite place.  The razor clams, octopus.
Mushrooms. All very simple, but so delicious.  Wash it down with a $4
glass of Rose' and call it a day.

As far as Tapas, The Gotica area has the best places.  Don't go till after
9pm, walk the streets and pop in and out of places all night long.

Restaurants:

Tickets is my absolute favorite.  You'll need to get tickets to Tickets.
Google it and try and get it.  The food is some of the best in the world
and for you get, not incredibly $$$.

There are several other places in the Boqueria that are great and to be
honest, one of the best meals is some simple Ibirico Ham, Hunk of Bread
and some vino.

-- Ed Leafe