[Openstack] Location of log messages for stevedore extensions in OpenStack

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Oct 18 13:19:20 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Kevin Wilson's message of 2016-10-18 11:41:21 +0300:
> Helo, Tinath,
> Thanks for your quick repsonse. It did help. After some trials I found out that
> LOG.error messages from stevedore/extension.py are shown in
> /var/log/nova-compute.log
> However, I cannot find where I can  set the log level to be "info" (so
> that LOG.info messages will be displayed).
>
> I looked by:
>
> more /etc/nova/nova-compute.conf | grep extension
> gives nothing, and also
> more /etc/nova/nova-compute.conf | grep stevedore
> gives nothing

One way to do it would be to change the default for the
default_log_levels configuration option [1]. Keep in mind that the value
of the option is all that's used, so if you want the existing behavior
to be retained you should copy the default and add stevedore=INFO to it.

Doug

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.log/opts.html#DEFAULT.default_log_levels