[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Swift] Does Swift3 supports SLO (Manifest creation)?

Kota TSUYUZAKI tsuyuzaki.kota at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Oct 12 01:04:07 UTC 2016

Hello Alexandr,

Swift3 supports Multipart Upload API for actual Amazon S3[1] which has similar functionality with Swift SLO manifest so that you can use any SDK for s3 multiupload api.
It needs,

1. init a multipart Upload
2. upload segments (chunk you may call)
3. complete the multipart upload

 boto[2] known as python sdk also supports it. And it may be helpful to see swift3 functional test[3] to know how we can call the apis.

Thanks,
Kota

1: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/mpuAndPermissions.html
2: http://boto.cloudhackers.com/en/latest/ref/s3.html
3: https://github.com/openstack/swift3/blob/master/swift3/test/functional/test_multi_upload.py

(2016/10/12 4:32), Alexandr Porunov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use S3 API for OpenStack Swift but I need chunked upload for my
> files. I want to save many small object (1-10 MB) and retrieve them as a
> single object. For it I need to be able to create a manifest file. Does
> Swift3 support manifest creation? If yes then where can I see an example?
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexandr

Kota Tsuyuzaki(露﨑 浩太)  <tsuyuzaki.kota at lab.ntt.co.jp>
NTT Software Innovation Center