[Openstack] [Keystone] How to use several endpoints for Swift proxy nodes?

Alexandr Porunov alexandr.porunov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:30:31 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am using a Java client (Openstack4j) for send objects to the openstack
swift. Openstack4j doesn't allow to manually set proxy node IP addresses.
You have to use keystone endpoint for it and it will create a token and
will use the endpoint for proxy which was returned by keystone. Sometimes
proxy nodes can crashes and clients won't reconnect to the available nodes.
I want to know if it is possible to manually set several endpoints for each
proxy server in keystone.

Now I use the next public endpoint for proxy nodes:
http://proxy:8080/v1/AUTH_%\(tenant_id\)s

On each client machine I have to set manually IP address for example:
if I want that clients A, B and C use proxy with ip 192.168.0.41 then I
have to set next line in /etc/hosts:
192.168.0.41 proxy
If I want that clints D, E and F use proxy with ip 192.168.0.42 then I have
to set next line in /etc/hosts:
192.168.0.42 proxy

So, clients A, B and C will fail if proxy with the IP 192.168.0.41 crashes.
They can't use proxy with IP 192.168.0.42 because Openstack4j doesn't
support to set proxy IPs manually.

Does somebody know if it is possible to set several endpoints for swift
proxy nodes in keystone?

Sincerely,
Alexandr