[Openstack] Swift replication backlog and replication status for specific file

Chris contact at progbau.de
Mon Oct 3 05:21:40 UTC 2016

Hello Clay,

Thanks for your answer it helped me to understand the challenge around this use case. Actually I thought it would not be straight forward because as you mentioned swift is driven by the partitions.

Anyhow we are about to provide an object store service powered by swift. The users see this service from their file perspective, so the questions I get ask are more likely like:

*         Does my file has all the necessary replications

*         If my file isn’t fully replicated yet what queue has it in the backlog

*         How long will it take until my file has all the necessary replicas

The user will accept that swift is not a real time replication and it’s based on the concept of eventual consistency, but does this exclude visibility about the internal processes and metrics.

Cheers

Chris