[Openstack] Trove MySQL v5.[67] images?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Sun Oct 2 18:07:00 UTC 2016

On Oct 2, 2016, at 6:37 PM, Amrith Kumar wrote:

> Will they work with yours, yes, they may but I doubt it. Will they fail, I think it is highly likely but I can't guarantee it. What do you want me to say other than that they are made for use with devstack based systems.

Exactly that! Thank you, I appreciate that. Now I know that there is
no point in even trying a "devstack image". Which was _exactly_ what
I wanted to know. Nothing more, nothing less.

THAT was the answer to the question "what does 'devstack image' actually
mean".

> I have told you what I've found to work for most people.

And the reason why I [keep] asking for help, is that I'm unfortunately
not "most people" :(

> I'll tell you candidly that I'm not equipped or qualified to guide you through that path to discovery.

Very well, that's unfortunate.

> What part of that is, as you say "do it my way or ...".

Nothing. But it takes a while for you to actually answer the question (four
mails?), and in the proces, you DO keep saying "do it my way, or else" (even
if it's not in so many words)..

If you don't know the answer to a/the question, that is a shame, but perfectly
ok. Don't answer it, not even with an answer to a question I did not ask.
My question was not "how do I get Trove to work". In which case, if you
had not already known that I do _not_ want to use *stack, a "use devstack
and these images" would have been a valid answer. But since you DID know
this...

Leave it be, and let someone else (that might actually DO know the answer)
answer it.

My original question is still valid though:

Do anyone have a [non-*stack, working] Trove image with MySQL v5.[67] that
they could consider sharing with me?
--
Ehhhhm - The battle cry of the cronical masturbater.
- Charlie Harper