[Openstack] Trove MySQL v5.[67] images?

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Sun Oct 2 01:00:25 UTC 2016

Turbo,

I believe you go by the name FransUrbo on IRC, yes? We chatted on IRC in the end of july (20th to 29th) and I remember pointing you to elements which are part of trove-integration. I see from looking at eavesdrop that I pointed you at [1]. There is also a document[2] that show you how to build guest images in a different way. If memory serves me correctly a draft of this approach was already in the works and you have this.

There is a patch working its way through review[3] that would make tools available in the trove repository to build images. You can try this stuff out but, it is still in review. It works for me but other reviewers have proposed some improvements.

OpenStack has guest images suitable for use with devstack[4] (available for download at tarballs.openstack.org) but that would require a devstack based system and I recall from our conversation that you didn't "trust all these *stack builders". If you are now using a system that is devstack based these images could help.

-amrith

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/trove/dev/building_guest_images.html
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/trove/dev/guest_cloud_init.html
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/374952/