[Openstack] [Swift] Lack of recon drive cache file produces considerable log chatter

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Nov 29 03:59:22 UTC 2016

I'm seeing quite a lot of:

Nov 29 16:52:34 cat-wgtn-ostor001 object-server: Error reading recon
cache file: #012Traceback (most recent call last):#012  File
"/opt/cat/openstack/swift/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/swift/common/middleware/recon.py",
line 81, in _from_recon_cache#012    with openr(cache_file, 'r') as
f:#012IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/cache/swift/drive.recon'

in the object server log. From looking at the code, it seems to me that
drive.recon is created on demand, so it is quite normal for no such file
to exist (i.e this probably should not be an error). Further I note that
/var/cache/swift appears to be setup ok for swift to write to:

$ ls -l /var/cache/swift
total 12
-rw------- 1 swift swift 465 Nov 29 16:57 account.recon
-rw------- 1 swift swift 524 Nov 29 16:57 container.recon
-rw------- 1 swift swift 711 Nov 29 16:55 object.recon

...so I thinking that (unless I'm missing something) we really should
not be logging this at all.

regards

Mark