[Openstack] vxlan issue on compute node

Priyanka ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon Nov 28 07:30:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have an openstack juno setup with 1 controller+neutron node and 3
compute nodes. My VMs on one compute nodes are not getting IP but the
VMs on all other compute nodes work fine.

I am using VXLAN tunneling between the nodes. I noticed that the tunnel
IP of the problematic compute node is cannot be pinged (i.e. Destination
Unreachable). Also, all my other nodes have OVS version 2.1.3.but my
problematic compute node has OVS version 2.3.1. The vxlan modules on all
other nodes is:

|lsmod|  grep vxlan
vxlan37584   1  openvswitch
ip_tunnel23768   1  vxlan|