[Openstack] Urgent! MTU size issue

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hpe.com
Wed Nov 9 21:33:27 UTC 2016

On 11/09/2016 12:56 PM, Satish Patel wrote:
> If i enable Jumbo frames on openstack in that case do i need to change
> or enable anything on my external/physical network infrastructure?

Probably.

In the most succinct terms, all nodes in the same "broadcast domain"
(anywhere reachable via layer 2 - aka ethernet - and switching rather
than layer 3 and routing) must have the same physical MTU.

If you have end-nodes with JumboFrames enabled, the physical
infrastructure joining them at layer2 must also have JumboFrames enabled.

rick jones