[Openstack] [Swift] Increase partition power?

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu Nov 3 22:47:51 UTC 2016

That method comes from https://github.com/openstack/swift/commit/3ff94cb785867382ff6c37cb256d1b0f5381abaa. The commit message should give some context. Basically, it was added as a way to update existing clusters that needed an emergency fix.

What you're likely interested in is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/337297/

The proposed patch is the more user-friendly way to do things, and the included doc updates describe the process from he end-user perspective.

--John