[Openstack] Does compute node require provider network?

Cynthia Lopes clsacramento at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:21:15 UTC 2016

Hello, I totally agree with Rick, the guide scheme must be assuming DVR.
However, on the 'Networking service' session of the same guide it is not
assuming DVR, it does not even mention it. I think this could be a
documentation issue...
Rui, I guess DVR is disabled by default, you can check in you neutron.conf
in default session router_distributed = False
For more details on the networking configuration for you each scenario
check this out: http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/

Hope this is helpful, good luck :)

Kind regards,
Cynthia Lopes do Sacramento