[Openstack] load balancer as a service for all protocols

Priyanka ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon May 16 13:16:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

  I have a openstack juno cloud with one controller+neutron node and
three compute nodes. I want to create a load balancer for balancing the
load on a set of VMs of same type. The load to these VMs would come from
VMs on the same subnet and the the communications are using different
protocols i.e. TCP and UDP. I read about HAproxy lbaas and lvs lbaas.
HAproxy is protocol dependent which would not suit for the multiple
protocol scenario and LVS is a plugin on the router which too would not
work. Are there any variation of lbaas to suit this need. Also, can any
of the above (HAproxy or LVS) be modified to suit my need? Please guide
me on this.

Thanks,

Priyanka