[Openstack] Issue while installing openstack-packstack on Fedora 21

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Thu May 12 06:32:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Chinmaya Dwibedy <ckdwibedy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Upon trying to Install the rdo-release-kilo package to enable the RDO
> repository using

Fedora can install OpenStack, and I even do for testing... but I keep
at F22 and F23 (current releases). But since I do development on those
I use DevStack... and to do integration testing I use CentOS with
PackStack (and for large(r) scale deployments, TripleO).

The RDO repository has officially moved to the CentOS infrastructure.
Packages on FedoraPeople are never forever... they can move away and
are not offered from a mirror. This is different than packages in the
normal repositories. There is a reason to EOL status of Fedora, as we
can not provide continuous support for a release.

Take a note of: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenStack which reads:

"""
Starting with OpenStack Liberty, [this] mapping was not possible to
maintain anymore due to schedule skew and too many changes in
dependencies upstream. Hence OpenStack package maintainers team is now
keeping only the latest OpenStack development release available for
Fedora in RDO Trunk repositories from https://rdoproject.org/
"""

But about the error you get. It says you have already installed a
previous version which it will not update. Do not install different
repo files with similar packages as this can cause conflicts.

Check what you have:   `rpm -qa |grep rdo`
Or disable those other files in the directory:  `/etc/yum.repos.d/`

The experience of installing on a more recent version will be
better... trust me. Or go for CentOS7

regards,

Gerard