[Openstack] Single router connected to multiple networks

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 04:44:31 UTC 2016

Hey Guys,

I am trying to setup a network within a project with a single router
connected to 2 priv networks (attached is a screenshot of the network).  If
I have a single network connected to that router, my instances work fine.
However, when I try to do the setup with 2 networks my instances on both
networks can't get to the metadata service.  I can't ping the gateway for
each network either.  I believe this setup should be possible and wondering
if I am missing something very basic here.  Any help would be appreciated.

ext-net ------- router ----- network1 -- {instances}

                   --------- network2 -- {instances}

Thanks!