[Openstack] Unavailable console type rdp-html5.

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:34:31 UTC 2016

I have the same issue.

When I launch 150 vms by using nova boot, there are several instances
failed with this message.
Moreover, it raise {"message": "Unavailable console type serial.", "code":
400, "created": "2016-03-31T02:23:18Z"} this issue in some instances too.

I never configured the serial/spice-html5/rdp-html5 console type. Just vnc
is configured in the nova.conf file.

It is wired. It is only `nova boot` why it call the `nova get-vnc-console`?

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 2:44 AM, Satish Patel <satish.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got following error on controller node when i launch new instance.
>
> What is this??
>
> MessageUnavailable console type rdp-html5.Code400DetailsCreatedNov. 16,
> 2015, 2:43 p.m.

Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me