[Openstack] How to achieve OpenStack compute nodes "HA" ?

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:20:22 UTC 2016

Guys,

 What about Virtual Machine Asynchronous replication under OpenStack?

 Something like:

 http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Remus

 Or:

 http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/FaultTolerance

 This way, your can take the power cable off the physical compute node,
that all of your instances will be up and running on second node. No
downtime, not even TCP connection will be lost, like SSH or Windows RDP
sessions!

 Can we make OpenStack aware of Remus? And deal with this? I mean, I think
that OpenStack must create two instances, and put it in sync, when you
launch one instance that must be under H.A.. Looks like "quantum
entanglement" for Virtual Machines...   :-P

 I know that there are something similar to Remux (Xen) for QEmu, called
Kemari but, I don't know if it is under development...

 http://www.linux-kvm.org/images/0/0d/0.5.kemari-kvm-forum-2010.pdf

 Remus Xen:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jV4lOgFJMY

 Kemari QEMu: