[Openstack] AMQPLAIN login refused: user 'guest' can only connect via localhost

Scott Lowe scott.lowe at scottlowe.org
Fri Mar 25 20:13:26 UTC 2016

Please see my response below.

> On Mar 25, 2016, at 1:25 PM, aa asd <i_atif7 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi !
>
> When I tried to run the following command, I got this error:-
>
> command=  neutron net-create ext-net --shared --router:external=True
>
> Error:-                             "AMQPLAIN login refused: user 'guest' can only connect via localhost",
>
> Suggestions please.

It sounds like you need to verify the correct configuration of your RabbitMQ server/service according to the OpenStack documentation. You should also verify that the Neutron configuration (normally found in /etc/neutron/neutron.conf) contains the correct RabbitMQ-related configuration directives. The OpenStack docs are your best bet in tracking down the correct/recommended configuration.

For reference, the OpenStack docs are found at http://docs.openstack.org.

--
Scott