[Openstack] password in clear text

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 20:35:26 UTC 2016

On 03/23/2016 11:46 AM, Tim Bell wrote:
> We use Kerberos and X.509 in Keystone V3 for the end users.
>
> It works very nicely (although the python client-* CLIs often do not
> support it so you have to use the openstack OSC CLI)

I'm personally in favor of moving toward a Federated approach using
Kerberos, LDAP, mod_lookup_identity, and sssd.

http://adam.younglogic.com/2015/03/key-fed-lookup-redux/

Probably the biggest benefit is that you then have the same setup for
your Keystone server as you would do for all of the applications running
in the cloud.

It also means I don't have to troubleshoot nasty LDAP Keystone configs
for people. Nasty Hobbitses.