[Openstack] Cinder Multiple Backends - Filter On Tenant

Erlon Cruz sombrafam at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 00:57:24 UTC 2016

Hi Brent,

Unfortunately that is not possible. The feature mentioned by Vahric,
driver_filter, is a 'driver' custom filter capability. I.e., the vendor
driver must implement that in order to be possible to use (surely, nothing
holds you from implementing in the driver if your vendor does not supports
it). You are trying to filter based in the volume size, the exiting
filters, filter based in the host's available size not the volume.

About the tenant filtering, the closest solution I can think of is is you
create a volume type associated with the backend you want to cast volumes o
the tenant, and then remove the permissions of all other available
volume-types so, the tenant only sees that volume type.

Can you give the reason why you need to filter like that? This could be a
good addition to future Cinder features.

Erlon