[Openstack] unrescue VM instance

Balazs Varhegyi varh1ibalazs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:49:11 UTC 2016

Hi guys,
I have an openstack instance that run out of storage on core machine and
the instance got paused.
I cleared up the core machine so it has more disk now but when I start
the machine I can't ssh in.
In rescue mode I'm able to ssh in but I want to unrescue the machine to
be able to use it again without creating a new instance and migrate
everything from this failed instance manually.
I enabled virtlib debug log but nothing interesting came up (or at least
I didn't notice), the only thing that indicates an error is:
"Domain id=53 name='instance-00000281'
uuid=f2715c2c-6d4e-5cf1-7606-f5552a59cb56 is tainted: host-cpu"
"nova list" shows the machine has the correct IP set but I'm not able to
ping it on private IP nor via floating IP.
I tracked the network configuration from libvirt.xml and it seems it's
configured correctly to connect to the internal bridge: "br-int" on Open
VSwitch.

do you have any idea what should I try to unrescue the machine to and
get it into active state?

Regards,
Balazs Varhegyi