[Openstack] Glance(SearchLight)

Tripp, Travis S travis.tripp at hpe.com
Thu Mar 3 07:43:42 UTC 2016

Hi Khushbu,

This time of the release cycle finds us all very busy. Sorry about that!

I just responded to your private queries with a blueprint suggestion for a plugin. Also, one thing we really could use a lot of help with is building out functional tests for all the plugins. See examples here: https://github.com/openstack/searchlight/tree/master/searchlight/tests/functional

  1.  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/searchlight/+spec/glance-artifacts-plugin
     *   Alexander Tivelkov or Mike Fedosin suggested this at the last summit. Both are from Mirantis.  They should be able to provide more info. But basically, we want to get Glance (Glare) data indexed. This may include improving notifications in Glance to ensure that updates are sent out appropriately.
  2.  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/searchlight/+spec/notification-simulator-tests
     *   Dims (IRC) suggested we use this in our functional testing.  So, we took a note down to incorporate it
  3.  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/searchlight
     *   Nova flavor plugin might be good here.

Thanks,
Travis