[Openstack] liberty: openstack/nova client, flavor create/list results in errors - help please.

Colin Leavett-Brown crlb at uvic.ca
Tue Mar 1 17:22:05 UTC 2016

I have install Liberty under CentOS 7.2 using the
CentOS-OpenStack-liberty repository. All verification procedures
detailed in the installation guide run successfully. However, when I try
to create flavors using either the openstack or nova clients, I get errors:

    [root at beaver beaver]# export OS_PROJECT_DOMAIN_ID=default \
        OS_USER_DOMAIN_ID=default \
        OS_PROJECT_NAME=admin \
        OS_TENANT_NAME=admin \
        OS_USERNAME=admin \
        OS_PASSWORD="some_password" \
        OS_AUTH_URL=http://osctl:35357/v3 \
        OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3
    [root at beaver beaver]# openstack flavor create xx1 --id "auto"
    --vcpus 1 --ram 1024 --disk 10 --swap 0 --ephemeral 0 --public
    'flavor'
    [root at beaver beaver]# echo $?
    1
    [root at beaver beaver]# nova flavor-create "xx1" "auto" 1024 10 1
    --swap 0 --ephemeral 0 --is-public
    ERROR (KeyError): 'version'
    [root at beaver beaver]# echo $?
    1
    [root at beaver beaver]#

Similar problems afflict all nova compute serviced commands (eg. server
list, aggregate list, etc.). I am not seeing the problem with either
neutron or glance serviced commands. A "ps -ef" shows the nova api,
cert, consoleauth, scheduler, conductor, and novncproxy process running
on the controller. Command versions are at:

    [root at beaver beaver]# openstack --version
    openstack 1.7.2
    [root at beaver beaver]# nova --version
    2.30.1
    [root at beaver beaver]#