[Openstack] [Neutron][LBaaS] After Network change, LBaaS does not work properly anymore

Ludwig Tirazona ljtirazona at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:28:02 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

    I had a working LBaaS. Then I had to change the external networks
(added two more, then changed the physical interface that the original
network was using). Now, my LBaaS doesn't work properly anymore.
Everything seems to work properly when I set it up on Horizon, but when
I actually check with telnet, the load balancer does not accept incoming
connections. I check network node 1 with "ip netns list", it gives me
'qlbaas-d507b5de-16bd-4b46-9f36-3edde820ea28'.

    I do "ip netns exec qlbaas-d507b5de-16bd-4b46-9f36-3edde820ea28 ip
addr list". The output only shows me the internal VIP of the LBaaS, but
not the Floating IP. I don't see anything suspicious in the lbaas-agent
logs. I check the qrouter namespace there as well, no sign of the
assigned floating IP.

    I check the qrouter on Network Node 2 (there's an lbaas-agent
installed on each Network Node) . The qrouter there has the assigned
Floating IP. Is that expected behavior?

    If yes, where could the problem be? If not, how can I fix this? Any
help is welcome. Thanks!