[Openstack] [Openstack-operators] Reaching VXLAN tenant networks from outside (without floating IPs)

Gustavo Randich gustavo.randich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 22:06:37 UTC 2016

On the external node (the one needing access to VMs without using floating
IPs), I added an interface and IP address on the same VLAN as my Neutron
external network used for floating IPs. Then added a static route
specifying as destination my tenant (private) network(s) and as gateway the
IP address of the Network Node hosting the router, which is the one used
for SNAT.

Reading your setup it seems to me that your VM gets anaddress from the
external network, a setup known as "Provider Networks" in Neutron, which
I'm not using, so perhaps that's the cause of the problem.