[Openstack] [openstack] devstack with external network installation

Ahmed Medhat a.medhat.h at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:06:05 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have. A bare metal machine has ubuntu 14.04 OS.

I would like to install devstack liberty with external network without
doing restart and rejoin stack.

I have only one port connected to internet em1, I use it for stacking then
after stacking , Br-ex is assigned by the public ip.

But actually the machine is connected through em1 to outside network. So
I let em1 ip be 0.0.0.0 then add em1 To br-ex.
At this time I can not connect to internet unless I do restart? So what
should I do at this time to let br-ex reach internet without restart?

Best regards,
Ahmed