[Openstack] Networking - next step?

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Tue Jun 28 22:19:50 UTC 2016

"Port 57fa1869-fc0d-4c5c-924c-402782b5bd24 was not found on the integration
bridge and will therefore not be processed"

It sounds like the agents may be plugging their ports into the wrong OVS
bridge. It sounds like you have br-physical configured as your integration
bridge, but you also have eth0 directly plugged into that bridge as well.
That's not going to work quite correctly because the OVS agent expects to
have to wire between the integration bridge and the bridge with the
physical ports.

So I would leave the integration bridge to the default of 'br-int', then
define a bridge_mapping in the OVS agent config that maps a 'physnet' to
br-physical. Then when you create the network, it should be of the 'flat'
type with a physical network that matches the physnet in the
bridge_mapping. That's the part that tells the agent to wire ports on that
network to that particular OVS bridge without VLAN tags.

This pic helps illustrate the two different OVS bridges that the agent will
patch together and setup the rules for:
http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/_images/scenario-classic-ovs-compute2.png