[Openstack] Openstack Liberty installation failing on preinstalling puppet

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 12:39:48 UTC 2016

On 28/06/16 10:38, Jean-Pierre Ribeauville wrote:
> HI,
>

> By using Liberty and  trying to run this command ( in order to install a
> controller node plus two compute nodes ) :
>

> packstack --install-hosts=10.128.59.98,10.128.59.96,10.128.59.97
>

> I got following errors when executing scripts on the servers:
>

> /+ trap t ERR/
>
> /+ yum install -y puppet hiera openssh-clients tar nc rubygem-json/
>
> /+ yum update -y puppet hiera openssh-clients tar nc rubygem-json/
>
> /No Match for argument: puppet/
>
> /No Match for argument: hiera/
>
> /+ rpm -q --whatprovides puppet/
>

> If I try to do these yum commands directly on the compute nodes I got
> same errors.

This smells like a configuration issue. Did you enable all required
repositories?

Are your compute nodes able to connect to the internet, or at least to
package repositories?

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
                    Michael O'Neill, Eric Shander