[Openstack] [openstack] [tools] OpenStack client in a Docker container

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Tue Jun 28 03:58:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

When you reinstall workstations or test environments as often as I do,
you would like to automate everything... or containerize it. So, I
packaged the OpenStack client in a Docker container on Ubuntu and
CentOS. And to make it more convenient, I added Lars's 'stack' helper
tool. Just have a look at the registry [1] or the source [2].

Usage is as easy as:

Store your stackrc in ~/.stack named as an endpoint; e.g. ~/.stack/trystack
$ docker pull gbraad/openstack-client:centos
$ alias stack='docker run -it  --rm -v ~/.stack:/root/.stack
gbraad/openstack-client:centos stack'
$ stack trystack openstack server list

Comments welcomed...

regards,