[Openstack] Launching an instance by using NFS shared volume

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jpribeauville at axway.com
Mon Jun 27 13:32:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

Late to thank you for info.

Sorry.

I’m currently deploying such a configuration :

-          2 compute nodes ( RHEL7.2 Physical servers)

-          1 controller node ( RHEL 7.2 Virtual Machine)

-          RedHat Open Stack Platform v7.  ( Kilo, I presume ??)

My first goal is to deploy it by using Packstack way (following this document) :

Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_OpenStack_Platform-6-Deploying_OpenStack_Proof_of_Concept_Environments-en-US.pdf

I want to make cinder use NFS shared storage to be able to migrate instances between my two compute nodes.

As told page 17 of this document :

If you specify NFS, you must specify a list of NFS exports to mount. For example:
ip-address:/export-name
Enter a single or comma seprated list of NFS exports to use
with Cinder [^([\d]{1,3}\.){3}[\d]{1,3}:/.*]:

1)      Do I have to specify a different volume for each instance or one volume is enough ?

2)      By doing that , does it mans that LVM is not enabled and that all instances will be located on NFS ?

3)      Is possible to deploy by using default Packstack parameters and set cinder and nova storages to NFS afterwards ?

Thx for help.

Regards,

J.P.