[Openstack] What can make Cinder not find Image? (Was: Create instance fails on creating block device - Block Device Mapping is Invalid)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Fri Jun 24 13:13:26 UTC 2016

On Jun 24, 2016, at 2:04 PM, Cynthia Lopes wrote:

> Sorry, what command precisely did you run when you got those logs? Are you
> trying to boot a vm from a volume is it?

openstack server create --image cirros --flavor m1.tiny --nic net-id=2bb7b8e2-188f-4e46-bf4d-ef5ec81ddb4d --wait test

It turned out I missed a part of the Nova-Docker setup - copy
the docker image to Glance.

When fixing that part, I then got other problems (see other mail).

> I find it weird that you are seeing the volume name on the request instead
> of the volume id: GET
> http://10.0.4.1:8776/v2/2985b96e27f048cd92a18db0dd03aa23/volumes/test
> <http://10.0.4.1:8776/v2/2985b96e27f048cd92a18db0dd03aa23/volumes/test2016-06-23>
> This should be: GET
> http://10.0.4.1:8776/v2/2985b96e27f048cd92a18db0dd03aa23/volumes/8dbd3b7c-e36b-433f-a3b0-d701f63f63c2

That is probably Nova-Docker that works in a special way..
--
Michael Jackson is not going to buried or cremated
but recycled into shopping bags so he can remain white,