[Openstack] Create instance fails on creating block device - Block Device Mapping is Invalid

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Jun 23 15:30:39 UTC 2016

> "rbd"?

It's a different storage backend, something like a network RAID. But
don't mind it right now ;-)

> But even after disabling them, they're still show as
> "status=disabled,state=up"

They are running because you didn't stop the services, you just
disabled them. You could stop them for now if you don't intend using
cinder until you get an instance up and running, but I would take care
of cinder after that. It doesn't affect you if you while trying to
boot an instance on local storage because cinder is not required for
that.

 From your latest logs I assume that you are still trying to boot from
volume, I recommend to ignore cinder for now and focus on launching an
instance at all. Have you fixed your glance issue? Because that is
required, otherwise it won't work at all.