[Openstack] Create instance fails on creating block device - Block Device Mapping is Invalid

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Thu Jun 23 13:35:51 UTC 2016

On Jun 23, 2016, at 2:10 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> But even after disabling them, they're still show as "status=disabled,state=up"
> with a "cinder service-list".. ?

I tried anyway, but creating a volume (empty or from an image) gave
the host field as empty. And the status was Error!

So apparently I need to figure out a way to configure "local storage".

The LVM volume shows:

bladeA01b:~# openstack volume show test | grep host
| os-vol-host-attr:host | bladeA01b at lvm#LVM_iSCSI |
--
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.