[Openstack] packets not reaching VM

Priyanka ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Thu Jun 23 07:23:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

We want direct routing LB and LVS supports it. So we were trying that
option. Can we add some rule in neutron-openvswi chain of the LB VM on
compute node to prevent the drop of these packets? If yes please guide
us on how can we configure such a rule. As i can see a drop rule in the
chain which drops anything other than packet with IP and MAC of the LB
VM. But our packet has a different IP. The rule addition would be
required at the backend server VM neutron-openvswi chain as well?

Thanks,

Priyanka