[Openstack] Unable to establish connection to http://controller:35357/v3/services

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jun 22 09:36:10 UTC 2016

On Jun 22, 2016, at 8:58 AM, Venkatesh Kotipalli wrote:

> when i am creating "Create the service entity and API endpoints" it through
> an error is "*Unable to establish connection to
> http://controller:35357/v3/services <http://controller:35357/v3/services>" *

What I found, the hard way, is that you need to install and verify that
the core services runs before going to the next step.

That is:

	1. Install MySQL, RabbitMQ, MongoDB and MemCacheD
	   * Verify that these works by
	     a) Seed the MySQL DB and increase the max_connection value
	     b) Create Openstack RabbitMQ user/pass
	     c) [should really test mongo and memcache to but F'it :)]

	2. Install Keystone
	   * Verify that this works by running

		openstack user list | grep -q admin || exit 1

	3. Install everything else.

Without these separate steps, i ended up in the same situation you did.
SOMETIMES it worked to do everything in one command line, but most of
the times not.

I have ONE control node with all of this (except Compute) on, so it's
fairly easy to do this programmatically (in a PXE script) but if you don't,
they still need to be done!

The technical reason for this is that a package manager usually randomizes
(?) the order in which they unpack, configure and possibly restart the services
and packages you tell it to install. So if (when!) you're unlucky, it tries
to unpack/configure/register a service before Keystone is up and running.

Yes, depends and require etc is done to fix this, but the package manager
does not verify that the install/configure is correct!
--
Michael Jackson is not going to buried or cremated
but recycled into shopping bags so he can remain white,