[Openstack] exchange between a guest and its compute node

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:46:24 UTC 2016

On 06/20/2016 02:26 AM, Jean-Pierre Ribeauville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to for an instance to send any data to the compute node
>   ( for my purpose a status byte is enough) ?

Generally, no, we don't want guests to be able to communicate with the
host via open channels. If you're looking for a way for a host to
respond to certain guest health/status conditions, you might want to
look at using a libvirt watchdog device. More information on this can be
found here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/LibvirtWatchdog

Best,
-jay