[Openstack] Kilo Devstack - DCHP is not assigning IPs to the VMs

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Mon Jun 20 08:07:39 UTC 2016

Hi Ahmed,

Unfortunately there are many possible reasons - and different ones
depending on your setup.

I will guess, though, that you're using a default OVS setup, without DVR.
In that case DHCP should be provided by Dnsmasq running on your network
node, and I would start by checking for that process and looking at its
logs (which could be in /var/log/syslog, /var/log/messages, journalctl,
...) to see if there is any sign of DHCP requests being received, and then
whether Dnsmasq sends any DHCP responses.

Regards,
     Neil