[Openstack] lbaas not showing in neutron agent-list

Priyanka ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon Jun 20 04:32:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a openstack juno setup 1 (controller+neutron) node and 3 compute
nodes. My lbaas agent is running as seen in the service status below.

|  systemctl status neutron-lbaas-agent.service

neutron-lbaas-agent.service-  OpenStack  Neutron  Load  Balancing  as  aService  Agent
    Loaded:  loaded(/usr/lib/systemd/system/neutron-lbaas-agent.service;  enabled)
    Active:  active(running)  sinceFri  2016-06-17  09:55:51  IST;  10min  ago
  Main  PID:  169162  (neutron-lbaas-a)
    CGroup:  /system.slice/neutron-lbaas-agent.service
            └─169162  /usr/bin/python/usr/bin/neutron-lbaas-agent--config-file/usr/share/neutron/neutron-dist.conf--config-file/etc/neutron/neutron.conf--config-file/etc/neutron/lbaas_agent.ini--l...

Jun  17  09:55:51  systemd[1]:  Started  OpenStack  Neutron  Load  Balancing  as  aService  Agent.|

However when I do|neutron agent-list|it does not show lbaas running.

The lbaas log shows the following error:

|neutron.services.loadbalancer.agent.agent_manager[-]  Unable  to retrieve ready devices|

I did the following configurations for lbaas:

I added the following line in the default section of|neutron.conf|on my
controller+neutron node:

|service_provider=LOADBALANCER:Haproxy:neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.plugin_driver.HaproxyOnHostPluginDriver:default|

and added lbaas at the end of the service_plugin line:

|service_plugins=neutron.services.l3_router.l3_router_plugin.L3RouterPlugin,neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.plugin_driver.HaproxyOnHostPluginDriver:default|

Also I uncommented the following lines in|lbaas_agent.ini|

|interface_driver=  neutron.agent.linux.interface.OVSInterfaceDriver
device_driver=  neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.namespace_driver.HaproxyNSDriver|

I had done a packstack setup and lbaas was not enabled from start as i
had edited the answer file to not install it. So, I made the above
changes and enabled the service and started it. Do I have to install
haproxy separately? Please help me resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Priyanka