[Openstack] Dashboard admin login now fails

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Sun Jun 19 17:30:08 UTC 2016

I noticed a problem with my nova-compute. It couldn't
authenticate. Didn't say which part it couldn't authenticate
to/with (there's two - keystone and neutron in addition
to the MySQL connections).

After a whole day trying to debug this (I am ABSOLUTLY
sure that all the user and passwords where correct), I
decided to setup individual accounts for nova and
neutron. Changing the config for these two on both the
Control and the Compute, I can no longer login to the
dashboard as "admin"!

I'm quite frustrated, but this authentication stuff could
really need a overhaul! Or at least better documented!
--
God gave man both a penis and a brain,
but unfortunately not enough blood supply